1. BIMA Yorkshire & Humber, in association with Leeds Muslim Medics, hosted an ‘Excelling as a Female Doctor’ event at the University of Leeds, where female doctors from various specialties spoke about the challenges and motivations of female Muslim doctors.
2. BIMA London held an outreach event to the homeless of London on the 11th of March. See a short video the team made on our, and keep an eye out on the group’s Facebook page for upcoming events.
3. BIMA West Midlands team organised a blood/marrow donation drive at the Solihull Islamic Education Academy.
4. BIMA North West held health awareness sessions on falls/dizziness and a multi-centre session on diagnosing and managing strokes by the public.
5. BIMA North West also held a very successful CPD seminar on ‘What Happens After Death’ at the European Institute of Islamic Sciences in Oldham with over 150 attendees. See below for the event steam
6. The BIMA Professional Development team organised a webinar where Dr. Zakia Akhter discussed work-life balance and incorporating our Islamic faith into our working lives. Look out for more webinars coming up soon.
Dr. Mohammed Iqbal, Consultant in Audiovestibular Medicine at the Salford Royal Hospital, delivering a health awareness talk on falls and dizziness.